Naples Criminal Defense Lawyer
Aggressive, Experienced Legal Representation When You Need it Most
If you find yourself facing criminal charges, whether minor or serious, you need to take immediate action to protect your rights and preserve your future. Even if unfounded, criminal charges can have a lasting impact on your future and can leave a stain on your professional reputation and personal relationships. Worse still, if you are convicted, you could be saddled with costly fines, incarceration, probation, community service, and restricted freedoms. Without zealous legal counsel, your life could change forever.
Why Choose Our Firm?
Attorney Daniel Cavanaugh of Law Offices of Cavanaugh & Cavanaugh, P.A. has significant experience working with individuals facing serious criminal charges. If you are facing accusations in Florida, you need a criminal defense lawyer who is familiar with local and state laws and can provide you with the guidance you need. Attorney Cavanaugh has been recognized by several legal organizations over the years and received the Avvo Clients’ Choice Award in 2019 for his notable legal work. However, ascomplex your case may see, our team has the skill and knowledge necessary to zealously defend your rights.
Here’s what makes Law Offices of Cavanaugh & Cavanaugh, P.A. stand out:
- 40+ years of combined legal experience
- Attorney Daniel Cavanaugh has experience supervising prosecutors in five counties
- We provide personalized attention & customized solutions
Call (239) 309-2006 today to get in touch with our Naples criminal defense attorney and schedule a consultation.
Florida Criminal Charges We Handle
Criminal cases can include a wide variety of crimes against society, including those that affect specific individuals and those that threaten groups of people. Whether you were arrested for driving while intoxicated “DUI” or carrying illegal drugs, our firm can assess the details of your case and develop a comprehensive legal strategy to uncover the truth behind the accusations laid against you. We firmly believe our clients are innocent until proven guilty, and we are passionate about ensuring everyone receives the legal counsel they deserve at a time when they need it most.
Our firm can help with a variety of criminal charges, including, but not limited to:
- Boating Under the Influence: In Florida, boats are utilized nearly everywhere in waterways throughout the state, which is why law enforcement is so strict when it comes to boating while under the influence of drugs or alcohol. If you are charged with BUI, you could face hefty fines, imprisonment, and a criminal record. These charges can escalate depending on your blood alcohol concentration, age, whether any property was damaged, or people were harmed, and whether or not a minor was in the boat at the time of the incident.
- Burglary: If someone is caught entering someone else’s property with the intent to commit a crime, they can be charged with burglary. In Florida, burglary charges can be extremely serious and may result in incarceration and costly fines. If the burglary offense involved a weapon, or if it resulted in property damage or injury, the consequences can be far more severe.
- Domestic Violence: Domestic violence is defined as an assault committed by a family or household member. This can include offenses that are physical or sexual in nature, as well as kidnapping, stalking, false imprisonment, and more. If you were falsely accused of domestic violence, you need legal representation as soon as possible. Domestic abuse accusations could result in a criminal conviction, jail time, legal fines, loss of custody, a criminal record, and more.
- Drug Charges: Drug charges in Florida can include possession, trafficking, and possession with the intent to distribute, to name a few. The severity of the crime may vary depending on the type of drug and the amount discovered. Drugs are broken up by “schedule,” and depending on the scope of the crime, criminal charges can vary from misdemeanors to first-degree felonies.
- DUI: Driving under the influence of drugs and alcohol can have a lasting impact on your professional and personal life, especially if you are convicted. Much like BUI, the severity of the charges depends on the scope of the damage, the driver’s blood alcohol concentration, the age of the vehicle passengers, and so on.
- Fraud: Legally defined as the act of falsifying information, fraud can include a wide variety of crimes, including those committed online or via digital means. Common fraud crimes include tax fraud, corporate fraud, federal fraud, identity theft, wire fraud, and welfare fraud.
- Theft: Theft crimes in Florida are classified as petit theft or grand theft, depending on the value of the stolen property, the individual’s criminal record, and whether or not the crime resulted in property damage. If convicted, an individual charged with theft can face thousands of dollars in legal fines and up to 30 years inprison.
- Traffic Offenses: Criminal traffic violations can include reckless driving, driving with a suspended license, driving without a valid license, driving with an expired license, refusal to submit to a breath test, driving with expired vehicle registration, and unlawful display of a license, to name a few. Our firm can help with a variety of these crimes to protect your rights and freedoms. If convicted for a traffic offense, you could be left with costly fines, increased insurance rates, a revoked driver’s license, and even jail time.
- Trespass: Trespassing on another person’s property can result in criminal charges, especially if the accused person refuses to leave the property when asked. Typically, this crime constitutes a misdemeanor offense, but it may also be charged as a third-degree felony under certain circumstances.
- Violent Crimes: Violent crimes include, but are not limited to, homicide, rape, manslaughter, vehicular manslaughter, assault and battery, arson, weapons crimes, and robbery. Depending on the resulting damage or harm, most of these crimes can be considered felonies, though some minor discrepancies may be charged as misdemeanors.
Ready To Get Started? We’re Here For You.
If you are facing criminal charges, you need to obtain reliable legal counsel as soon as possible. Criminal accusations, even if falsified, can have a lasting impact on your personal and professional life, and if you are convicted, you could wind up with a criminal record. To avoid these devastating repercussions, you need to work with an experienced legal team who knows how to navigate the complexities of the Florida justice system.
Our criminal defense attorney, Daniel Cavanaugh, has significant experience defending individuals facing false accusations for a variety of crimes, and he may be able to help you too. Our legal team understands the difficulties that accompany criminal charges, which is why we provide each client with the personalized attention they need and deserve. We know how to advocate on behalf of the wrongfully accused, and our team at Law Offices of Cavanaugh & Cavanaugh, P.A. has more than 40 years of experience to apply to your case.
Let our experience and knowledge help you when you need it most. Contact Law Offices of Cavanaugh & Cavanaugh, P.A. today.
Our Attorneys Have Over 40 Years of Combined Legal Experience
We Provide Personalized Attention & Customized Solutions
Attorney Dan Cavanaugh Trained Law Enforcement Officers
We Genuinely Care About Our Clients and Their Well-Being
Attorney Dan Cavanaugh Supervised Prosecutors in Five Counties
We Pride Ourselves On Excellent Client Communication