Naples Paternity Attorneys

Establishing Your Right To See Your Child -- Call (239) 309-2006.

It can be scary when you split with your partner and realize you have no right to your own child because you weren’t married. You might be frustrated with the laws or scared you might not get to see your children again. Luckily, establishing paternity with the courts can be a simple process and our paternity lawyers in Naples can help you establish your rights.

Call (239) 309-2006 or contact us online to schedule a consultation with a Naples paternity lawyer from Law Offices of Cavanaugh & Cavanaugh, P.A.

Who Can File for a Paternity Suit and What Is the Process?

In Florida, a Petition to Adjudicate Parentage may be filed by the alleged father of the child, the mother of the child, the State, and the legal representative who is assigned to act on behalf of the child. When the petition is filed, the judge will order a DNA test to determine the biological father of the child.

Why Should I Establish Paternity?

Under Florida law, if you and your partner had a child without being married and then split up, the father does not have any rights until paternity is established by the court.

Reasons to establish paternity:

  • When you have paternity, you will be able to be more present in your child's life because you will have legal rights to your child.
  • You will be able to share the responsibility and cost of raising your child with the mother.
  • Your child will be entitled to inherit your assets, social security, life insurance, medical insurance, and veteran's benefits (if applicable)

Does Signing a Birth Certificate Establish Paternity in Florida?

No, having your name on your child’s birth certificate is not enough to establish paternity. You would still need to have the court declare you the father.

What is a Voluntary Acknowledgement?

You and the mother of your child can sign a voluntary acknowledgement of paternity form which states that you are the father. A voluntary acknowledgement becomes legally binding after 60 days. If either party can prove extreme force or fraud was used then the voluntary acknowledgement can be revoked within 60 days of signing.

What Rights Do I Have if I am Not the Biological Father?

If you are not the biological father you can still sign a voluntary acknowledgement if the mother of your child consents. If you believe you deserve rights to a child that is not biologically your own our attorneys can help.

Speak With a Paternity Lawyer in Naples Today

At Law Offices of Cavanaugh & Cavanaugh, P.A. our team of Naples paternity attorneys can guide you through each step and file the necessary paperwork and documentation through the courts. Backed by more than four decades of experience, you can feel confident that our team will help you overcome any potential obstacles you may face.

Qualities That Define Our Firm

Count on Local Attorneys You Can Trust
  • We are Committed to Excellence

  • We Pride Ourselves on Excellent Client Communication and Superb Customer Service

  • We Consistently Deliver on Commitments and Promises

  • We are Loyal to our Clients and Staff

  • Our Attorneys Have Over 50 Years of Combined Legal Experience

Results-Driven Representation

We Strive to Obtain the Best Possible Outcome
  • Dismissed Battery
  • Dismissed Battery
  • Felony Driving with License Suspended Burglary, Petit Theft, Flee to Elude, Resisting Arrest, felony Driving with Driver’s License Suspended
  • Informal Diversion Completed, Case Dismissed Domestic Violence Battery
  • Reduced to Reckless Driving DUI
  • Charges Dismissed DUI .15 or above

Don't Wait to Schedule Your Consultation

Fill Out a Form or Call (239) 309-2006
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy