Car Accidents

Professional and Aggressive Legal Representation

Naples Car Accident Attorneys

Ready to Help You Recover Your Entitled Compensation in FL

If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident by a negligent party, you need to do whatever it takes to make the best possible recovery from injury and recover your entitled compensation to pay for your hospital expenses, lost income from missing work to heal, and pain and suffering. However, either the at-fault party or their insurance provider could be reluctant to pay you what you deserve, which is why you need an experienced personal injury attorney to help you maximize your damages.

At the Law Offices of Cavanaugh & Cavanaugh, P.A., we have over four decades of experience helping our clients obtain the most favorable results in their cases. If you suffered a serious injury or your case involves multiple parties, our Naples personal injury lawyers can investigate the accident, collect and assess evidence, negotiate with insurers, and help you recover your entitled award or settlement.

Our firm handles the following types of car accident cases in Naples, Bonita Springs, Marco Island, Fort Myers, Cape Coral, Lehigh Acres, or within the surrounding areas:

  • Drunk driving accidents
  • Distracted driving accidents
  • Fatigued driving accidents
  • Reckless driving accidents
  • Rear-end collisions
  • Front collisions
  • Side-impact and side-swipe collisions
  • Defective auto part accidents

Contact ustoday at (239) 309-2006 to schedule a free consultation.

Florida Car Accident Laws

Vehicle owners in Florida must carry auto insurance coverage with at least 10,000 in personal injury protection (PIP) benefits and $10,000 in property damage. In addition, Florida is a “no-fault” car insurance state, which means you must file a claim with your insurer since your own policy pays for medical bills and other monetary damages.

However, if you suffered a “serious injury” in a crash, then the no-fault rule does not apply. Instead, you may file a third-party car insurance claim or a personal injury lawsuit directly against the person who caused the collision.

The following are common examples of serious injuries:

  • Broken or fractured bone
  • Significant or permanent limitation of a body part or function
  • Substantial disfigurement

But what happens if more than one driver is at fault for the car accident? In this case, Florida adheres to a “pure comparative fault” rule, meaning the injured party’s damages will be reduced by their own percentage of responsibility.

For instance, the jury awards you with $100,000 in damages, but you they also say you are 25 percent to blame for the accident, which means you will be able to only recover $75,000 (or 75 percent) of your total damages. Even if the jury finds you to be 90 percent at fault, you can still recover 10 percent of your total damage (although you owe the other party 90 percent).

Reach Out to Our Experienced Firm Today

Dealing with the legal process – on top of recovering from injury – can be physically and emotionally overwhelming. That is why the Law Offices of Cavanaugh & Cavanaugh, P.A. will protect your rights and best interests inside and outside the courtroom, so you can focus on healing without worrying about your case.

For more information about our legal services, call (239) 309-2006 today.

Attorneys That Put You First

View Us Through the Eyes of Our Clients
  • “My case was kinda complicated, and Mr. Cavanaugh was very thorough and did an amazing job, gave me all the best options that benefited me, kept me well informed,he took less so I would get more, I ...”

    - Lloyd
/

Qualities That Define Our Firm

Count on Local Attorneys You Can Trust
  • Our Attorneys Have Over 40 Years of Combined Legal Experience

  • We Provide Personalized Attention & Customized Solutions

  • Attorney Dan Cavanaugh Trained Law Enforcement Officers

  • We Genuinely Care About Our Clients and Their Well-Being

  • Attorney Dan Cavanaugh Supervised Prosecutors in Five Counties

  • We Pride Ourselves On Excellent Client Communication

Don't Wait to Schedule Your Consultation

Fill Out a Form or Call (239) 309-2006
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.